[Rdap] possible 'relaunch' of data.gov?

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Fri Apr 8 17:24:48 EDT 2011

I know it was mentioned during the RDAP meeting that data.gov was getting
de-funded, but there's tenatively some workshops scheduled next week
(assuming the furlough is over by Thursday), for comments by:

 	"Agency POCs, Open Government Working Group, Data Stewards and New
 	Media community in the Federal Government"

If you have a '.gov' email address, you can register at:

 	http://www.socrata.com/datagov/workshop/

(and then manage to get the Washington, DC on the morning of the 14th, if
the furlough's been lifted).

But, if anyone else has comments to make, I'd be willing to relay them, as
I've already registered.

(and I should say ... as it's a '.com' address, I have no idea if this is
from someone who's actually contracted to work on data.gov, if this is
going to be the equivalent to someone trying to sell me a timeshare, or
what ... I'll try to report back when I know more)

-Joe

-----
Joe Hourcle
Programmer/Analyst