[Rdap] [Rdap-planning] Suggest an RDAP12 demonstration session

Hughes, John S (3880) john.s.hughes at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Aug 11 12:26:20 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Last year we presented "Leveraging Open Source Technologies to Enable Scientific Archiving and Discovery", a presentation focused on the Apache open source project, "Object-Oriented Data Technology".

This year we would be willing to demonstrate the latest component of this open source framework and its deployment in the next generation Planetary Data System.

Title: "An Open Source Registry for Research Data Repositories"

The registry is based on a standard registry reference model and is designed to manage objects defined by the domain experts. It performs object identification, versioning, tracking, subscription/notification, indexing, classification, and object association, i.e. the basic functionality of most research data repositories. The registry is configured for a specific domain using an ontology or information model created by domain experts. We would also demonstrate how this framework could be configured for use within other RDAP community domains.

Thanks
Steve