[Rdap] Digital Preservation Work Featured in May issue of Discover Magazine

Michael J. Giarlo michael at psu.edu
Tue Jun 21 15:59:47 EDT 2011

On 06/21/2011 03:54 PM, Joe Hourcle wrote:

> Perhaps, if we were to join forces with JCDL or another conference,
> we could try to organize it as a pre-conference workshop, so we'd
> have a day or two to discuss the 'practical' side of things, but those
> people who were interested in the academic/research side could
> still hit both.

I could see that working, Joe.

The only downside I can dream up is that if RDAP is but one of many
pre-conferences, there's a lot going on that might keep potential
RDAPpers away from our event.  We ran into that at Open Repositories
when we ran a CURATEcamp pre-conference -- which of course few if any of
the Hydra and Duraspace folks could attend since their sessions were at
the same time.

-Mike