[Rdap] Deciding when a Data Management Plan is not required?

Heather Piwowar hpiwowar at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:52:04 EDT 2011

Hi Aletia,

To echo the points raised by others and support your observations, I thought
I'd point you to a quick-and-dirty thematic assembly of excerpts from all
the NSF guidelines, in case it is helpful:

http://researchremix.wordpress.com/2010/10/08/revised-nsf/

Particularly the "What is considered “data”/research results covered by this
policy ?"  section.

Some of the directorates are quite specific.... but others aren't.  I agree,
I hope the guidelines are updated as the policies become more clear through
use!

Cheers,
Heather

--
Heather Piwowar

DataONE postdoc with NESCent and Dryad
  studying research data sharing and reuse
  remotely from Dept of Zoology, UBC, Vancouver Canada
http://researchremix.org
@researchremix <http://twitter.com/#!/researchremix>