[Rdap] Invitation to AGU Session IN032. Model Driven Architectural Components for Science Data Repositories and Archives (fwd)

Joe Hourcle oneiros at grace.nascom.nasa.gov
Tue Jul 17 09:37:04 EDT 2012

I know not everyone here is in Geophysics, but much of storage
architecture is discipline-agnostic.  So, if you're looking to get your
work out in front of more eyes, and you're either in Geophysics or just
happen to be in the San Francisco area in mid-December (or looking for
an excuse to be in the San Francisco bay area, see the note below.)

If you're not an AGU member, we can find someone to sponsor the abstract,
but with the way AGU's pricing goes (membership is $20/yr, $7 for
students, and the price difference for the meeting is way more than that
for anyone not from a World Bank Tier 1 or 2 country).  The only issue is
that with their new system, you have to become a member a few days before
the deadline, for it to get fed over to the company they've outsourced the
abstract processing to.

And, if you're really a glutton for punishment and want to do two, I've
put the session I'm convening on "Distributing Science Data for Re-Use"
into the Education track, to get around AGU's normal abstract limits:

 	http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2012/session-search/single/distributing-science-data-for-re-use/

-Joe

ps.  If you saw last week's Eos ... I posted a correction to the ESSI
      mailing list, as they kept sending us conflicting requirements for
      the candidate bios, and they decided to *not* publish the corrected
      version I sent.

-----
Joe Hourcle
Programmer/Analyst