[Rdap] Welcome to RDAP!/C4P reminder

Andrade, Jordon jandrade at fsu.edu
Thu Oct 11 15:31:15 EDT 2012

Welcome to the ASIS&T RDAP listserv!

Some of you who are new to the listserv may or may not know of the Call for Proposals we have currently issued for the Research Data Access and Preservation Summit<http://www.asis.org/rdap/> (RDAP13) on April 4-5, 2013 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bwiwf-baltimore-marriott-waterfront/> Baltimore, Maryland, USA.

We are currently accepting proposals (max. 300 words) for panel presentations, interactive posters, and lightning talks. Themes for RDAP13 were selected by this year’s planning committee with input from previous years’ attendees and RDAP community members.

  *   Institutional approaches/IRs and domain repositories
  *   Data citation and altmetrics
  *   Global scientific data infrastructure
  *   Linked data and metadata
  *   Data use and reuse–sharing and open data success stories

Potential areas of interest and topics based on the 5 themes above for RDAP13 talks include:

  *   Archiving
  *   Commercial applications
  *   Data infrastructure
  *   Institutional repositories
  *   Licensing
  *   Metrics/Scientometrics/altmetrics
  *   Metadata
  *   Preservation
  *   Software
  *   Subject repositories
If you or someone you know might be interested in submitting a proposal to the RDAP 13 planning committee, please keep in mind the following deadlines:

  *   Submissions for Panel Presentations<http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP-13/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit> by November 21, 2012. [Accepted panels will be notified in early January.]
  *    Submissions for Interactive Poster Session and Lightning Talks<http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP-13/cgi-bin/scmd.cgi?scmd=basicSubmit> are due December 15, 2012. [Posters and lightning panels will be notified in mid January.]

View previous RDAP presentations and posters on our Slideshare<http://www.slideshare.net/asist_org/tag/rdap12> site. Links to previous Summits’ programs, videos and articles in the ASIS&T Bulletin are available on our RDAP Resources<http://www.asis.org/rdap/rdap-resources/> page.

Keep up with RDAP news by joining our Listserv<http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/rdap>, following us on Twitter<http://twitter.com/#%21/RDAPsummit> or visiting our Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Research-Data-Access-Preservation-RDAP/125779237528763> page. For questions, contact rdapinfo at asis.org<mailto:rdapinfo at asis.org>. We look forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Stacy Konkiel

Jordon Andrade

RDAP 13 Chairs