[Rdap] IASSIST 2013: Call for Papers and Workshops

Stephanie Wright swright at uw.edu
Thu Oct 18 13:31:59 EDT 2012

Apologies for cross-posting....

 *The IASSIST 2013 Conference Program Committee and Workshop Coordinator
are now ready to begin accepting proposals!*****

 ****

IASSIST 2013 will be hosted by GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social
Sciences at Maternushaus <http://www.maternushaus.de/> in Cologne, Germany
from May 28-31.****

 ****

The Conference Website can be accessed here (additional content will be
added as more information becomes available), and will soon be linked from
the main IASSIST Website: http://www.iassist2013.org/iassist-2013-home/****

As announced previously, the theme of this year’s conference is *Data
Innovation: Increasing Accessibility, Visibility and Sustainability*****

This theme reflects recent efforts across the globe by the largest
government agencies down to the smaller independent research units to make
data (be it survey, administrative, geospatial, or scientific) more open,
accessible and understandable for all. ****

With an ever-increasing availability of new technologies offering
unparalleled opportunities to sustainably deliver, share, model and
visualize data, we anticipate that there is much to share with and much to
learn from one another.  Interdisciplinarity is a large part of where
innovation comes from, and we hope to receive submissions from those in the
social sciences, humanities, sciences, and computer science fields. ****

We welcome submissions on the theme outlined above, and encourage
conference participants to propose papers and sessions that would be of
interest to a diverse audience. In order to make session formation and
scheduling more streamlined, we have created three distinct tracks.  If you
are not sure where your submission fits, or feel that it fits into more
than one track, that’s perfectly fine. Please do still make your
submission, and if accepted, we will find an appropriate fit.****

Online submission forms and guidelines for BOTH conference content and
workshops can be found here: http://www.iassist2013.org/conference/calls/

NOTE: The *top* of the page is for sessions/papers/posters/round
tables/pecha kuchas the *bottom* is for workshops – please note that the
submission forms are *completely separate.*

All submissions are *due* by December 5, 2012.  Notification of
*acceptance*will be made by February 5, 2012
****

Questions about session/paper submissions may be sent to
iassisttwentythirteen at gmail.com
Questions about workshop submission may be sent to the Workshop
Coordinator, Lynda Kellam at lmkellam at uncg.edu****

** **

See you in Cologne!****

** **

Jennifer Darragh
Data Services and Sociology Librarian
Johns Hopkins University****

Milton S. Eisenhower Library****

GIS and Data Services, A-Level
3400 N. Charles Street
Baltimore, MD 21218****

410-516-4368
http://guides.library.jhu.edu/datastats ****

*P** **Less paper. More trees. Please consider the environment before
printing this email*****

** **