[Rdap] Keynote and Program Announced for Research Data Access & Preservation Summit 2013

Konkiel, Stacy Rose skonkiel at indiana.edu
Mon Feb 11 13:41:41 EST 2013

**** Please distribute, sorry for cross-postings ****

On behalf of the Planning Committee and ASIS&T, we would like to invite you to the fourth annual Research Data Access and Preservation Summit. Join data managers, curators, scientists and many more professionals in a wide range of fields united by the issues in access, maintenance and preservation of research data.

RDAP13 is a two day Summit featuring expert panel presentations curated by our RDAP planning committee, an interactive poster session, and lightning talks. Visit our website to learn more and register for the event.

Event Details
April 4-5, 2013
Baltimore Marriott Waterfront<http://www.asis.org/rdap/location/> Baltimore, MD USA
Event website http://www.asis.org/rdap/
Program http://www.asis.org/rdap/program/<https://www.asis.org/rdap/program/>
Registration & FAQ http://www.asis.org/rdap/faq/<https://www.asis.org/rdap/faq/>

2013 Curated Panel Themes
Institutional Repositories
Data Citation and altmetrics
Data Infrastructure
Linked Data and Metadata
Data Use and Reuse

Keynote
Steven Morales, Executive Director, Digital Preservation Network (DPN)
In this talk by DPN Executive Director, Steven Morales, he will discuss the latest developments in the DPN architecture as well as the proposed DPN services to ensure reliable, long-term digital preservation through a federated network of diverse, non-overlapping preservation strategies sustained by committed institutions of higher education. The DPN through cross-institutional collaboration of more than 50 institutions of higher education seeks to mitigate the threat of a single point of failure - organizational, technical, physical, or political - jeopardizing centuries of scholarship. This presentation will discuss progress toward the first technical implementation of DPN and opportunities to engage in the effort.

Thank you for being part of the RDAP community and we look forward to seeing you at RDAP 13!