[Rdap] NEWS RELEASE: Drag and Drop Upload with DuraCloud 2.4.0 is Now Available

Carol Minton Morris cmmorris at fedora-commons.org
Tue Oct 15 09:49:39 EDT 2013

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

October 15, 2013
Contact: Carol Minton Morris <cmmorris at duraspace.org>
Read it online: http://bit.ly/1ghwIaI

*NOW AVAILABLE: Easy Drag and Drop Upload with DuraCloud 2.4.0*

*Winchester, MA*  Today the DuraSpace organization announced the release of
DuraCloud 2.4.0. The latest version of DuraCloud offers
customers significantly improved content upload and download
capabilities including the drag and drop upload feature, installers that
make it easy to use the Sync Tool, and more. DuraCloud (http://duracloud.org)
is an archiving and preservation service that gives users the choice of
where to store their content while providing a suite of services that
ensure their content's long term accessibility.

*Primary features of the 2.4.0 release are:*

*Improved Content Upload:*

• DuraCloud now provides the option to upload files using the familiar
file selector or with simple drag and drop through the web interface.
• New Sync Tool installers provide a simple graphical installation
flow and are consistent with the usual installation process on
Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
• The Sync Tool now provides 3 options for handling files which have
changed locally:

1. Overwrite the file (the default, and the only option available in

previous versions)

2. Skip the file (ensures that there are no changes made to any

existing files in DuraCloud)

3. Rename original (rename the old copy of this file first, then add

the new file to DuraCloud)

*Improved Content Download:*

• The Retrieval Tool now allows users more flexible content retrieval
options, including downloading from:

1. A list of the files in a space

2. A specific set of files from a space

3. An entire space

*Videos to help users get started with DuraCloud are now available:*

• Get Started!<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUDDOC/Getting+Started+with+DuraCloud>
• Automatically Upload Files and
Directories<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUDDOC/How+to+Automatically+Upload+Files+and+Directories+to+DuraCloud>

For more information, a complete list of the new features and
improvements in DuraCloud 2.4.0 are available in the release notes:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUDDOC/Release+Notes

*ABOUT DURASPACE*

DuraSpace (http://duraspace.org) is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit
organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that
promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with
academic, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting
projects and creating services to help ensure that current and future
generations have access to our collective digital heritage. Our values are
expressed in our organizational byline, "Committed to our digital future."

--
Carol Minton Morris
DuraSpace