[Rdap] DIL Symposium being streamed Sep. 23-24

Sarah J. Wright sjw256 at cornell.edu
Mon Sep 9 11:26:18 EDT 2013

We are pleased to announce that much of the Data Information Literacy (DIL) symposium hosted by the Purdue University Libraries on Sept 23rd and 24th will be streamed live on the internet.

We're still finalizing the URL information, but in the mean time you can track updates via our Twitter (@datainfolit) and Facebook pages (www.facebook.com/datainfolit<http://www.facebook.com/datainfolit>).

The DIL symposium will explore roles for practicing librarians in teaching competencies in data management and curation to graduate students.  With support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, librarians from Purdue University, Cornell University, the University of Minnesota and the University of Oregon have investigated this topic through developing and implementing "data information literacy" (DIL) instruction programs for graduate students in a range of science and engineering disciplines.