[Rdap] Data Management Webinar

Shorish, Yasmeen L - shorisyl shorisyl at jmu.edu
Thu Apr 3 11:36:28 EDT 2014

**Apologies for cross-posting**

Please share this information with anyone at your institution who may just be getting started with data management. The webcast will also be recorded.

Join the ACRL Digital Curation Interest Group for our next webinar "Practical Data Management"

Speaker: Dr. Kristin Briney, Data Services Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee

Description: Most researchers are not trained on how to manage digital data, let alone deal with the data policies, digital preservation, and data sharing systems that are a data curator’s main concern. While curation is important, there are some very practical things that any researcher can do to make their data safer and more organized. This talk will cover these fundamentals of data management, including: file naming and file organization conventions, storage and backup best practices, keeping good documentation, and promoting future file usability. These practices will help the average researcher with their data but are also useful to anyone with digital files.

Date: 4/30/2014 2PM CST; 60 minutes long (Noon PST, 3PM EST)

Event Registration Page: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/e28v33its8g/event/registration.html

Event Login Page: http://ala.adobeconnect.com/e28v33its8g/event/login.html

Access: Only registered users may enter the room (guest access is blocked). Limit of 100 attendees (including speakers)

Note:  Please do not access the meeting link above prior to 15 minutes before the start time as you may interrupt another meeting.

This event is also posted at our ALA Connect space: http://connect.ala.org/node/220603

We will also have a collaborative event with the ACRL Numeric and Geospatial Data Services IG in May, so please stay tuned to our Connect page for further details!

Cheers,

Yasmeen, DCIG Convener
--
Yasmeen Shorish
Physical and Life Sciences Librarian, Asst. Professor