[Rdap] limits and charges for research data

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Mon Aug 4 14:44:16 EDT 2014

Hi,
Can you tell my library is undergoing some changes with respect to research data?

It is now being proposed that we start charging for data stored in our repository USpace. My questions are :

1.      Do you charge researchers for depositing research data into your repository?

2.      What does the charge cover (storage/curation, administration costs, hardware, software, FTE for assisting researcher with data, etc.)

3.      Do you have a file size limit for depositing data? What is it?

4.      Do you have a file size limit before you start charging for depositing data? What is it? How much do you charge?

5.      What is the average file size being deposited in you repository?

Thanks for any assistance,
Daureen

Daureen Nesdill MS, MLIS -Data Curation Librarian
The Faculty Center @ J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East, Salt Lake City UT 84112-0860
801-585-5975
daureen.nesdill at utah.edu<mailto:daureen.nesdill at utah.edu>
Subject areas Data Management, the Sciences and Engineering