[Rdap] Request for proposals: data repository and data management consultant

Claire Stewart claire-stewart at northwestern.edu
Fri Aug 29 11:51:32 EDT 2014

Crossposted; apologies for duplication. Please share with anyone who you think may be interested.

Subject: Request for proposals: data repository and data management consultant

**We have flexibility in the submission date and exact scope of work, please contact me off list with any questions **

Northwestern University Interdisciplinary Innovation in Developmental Education and Science (NUIIDEAS) Data Repository Needs Assessment Project

Northwestern University Interdisciplinary Innovation in Developmental Education and Science (NUIIDEAS) is a University-wide initiative focused on creating scientific community and catalyzing boundary-spanning scientific integration along the broad theme of early life influences on lifespan health and wellbeing.  The overall goal of the effort, which will carry over into additional phases beyond this assessment phase, will be to create a system that researchers can store, access, and analyze existing data, collected by researchers at Northwestern and elsewhere, that focuses on developmentally-oriented research questions.

In the current six month needs assessment phase, a team of faculty, librarians, and technologists are working together to characterize the data and to understand data sharing practices and expectations. We seek a consultant for the assessment phase to help the team develop an approach that will include interviews, analysis of published literature, analysis of existing data sets, and an assessment of existing repository strategies. The consultant will advise the team and review drafts of the team's report and recommendations.

The desired date for responses is September 2, 2014, but we have some flexibility on the date and on the scope of work; please feel free to contact me directly with any questions, etc..

More details in the full RFP, found here: http://cscdc.northwestern.edu/blog/?p=904 .
Proposals may be sent via email to me or to beth.skendrovic at northwestern.edu<mailto:beth.skendrovic at northwestern.edu>

Claire Stewart
Head, Digital Collections and Scholarly Communication Services
Northwestern University Library
847-467-1437
claire-stewart at northwestern.edu<mailto:claire-stewart at northwestern.edu>
http://hdl.handle.net/2166/claire