[Rdap] RDAP15 - Call for Proposals: Panels due in 2 weeks!

Margaret Janz tuf34268 at temple.edu
Fri Dec 5 15:09:42 EST 2014

*Panel Presentation proposals are due two weeks from today - on December
19, 2014*.
PLEASE NOTE: If you submitted a proposal using the link on the website
<http://www.asis.org/rdap/call-for-proposals/> before November 25, please
go to this link: http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP15/ and check the
passcode for your submission. If it does not work you will need to submit
your proposal again. Sorry for any inconvenience! Contact me or Carolyn
Bishoff <cbishoff at umn.edu> if you have questions.

*Important Dates*
*December 19, 2014*: Panel Presentations Submissions Due
*January 16, 2015*: Interactive Posters, Lightning Talks, and Discussion
Table Topics Submissions Due

RDAP15, the sixth annual Research Data Access and Preservation Summit, is
accepting proposals (max. 300 words) for panels, interactive posters,
lightning talks, and discussion tables. Themes for RDAP15 were selected by
this year’s planning committee with input from previous years’ attendees
and RDAP community members.

*Panel Presentations*
We are seeking panelists for the following topics (other panels are being
curated by members of the program committee):

   - Data Literacy & Education: Creating the next generation of scientists
   This session will look at how libraries are building data literacy
   instruction services for undergraduate students, graduate programs and
   researchers across the disciplines. Questions to answer include: What role
   will librarians have in supporting data instruction services to researchers
   and students? What skills should libraries teach? Who should we partner
   with? What parts of the research process should librarians teach? How do we
   help non-scientists understand scientific data?
   - The Role of Assessment in Research Data Services
   This panel will discuss assessment activities institutions have
   conducted to provide research data services, such as identifying data
   management needs on campus, understanding the training needs of librarians
   who provide the services, and establishing metrics to measure the service
   outcome.

Additionally, we are looking for panelists for general topics related to
research data access & preservation, such as:

   - Data Management Services
   - Designing, Implementing, Proposing Pilot programs
   - Transitioning from Pilot programs to Full programs
   - Building Repositories: Money, Staff, Infrastructure
   - What Researchers Want/Need
   - Data Curation Outside Academia

*Interactive Posters*
We are soliciting on any of the following themes:

   - Institutional policies for research data
   - Building/expanding research data services
   - Collaboration or tension between units involved with research data
   - Institutional responses to government policies/guidelines concerning
   research data
   - Systems/strategies for full-lifecycle research data curation
   - Tools developed and/or used for data curation/management
   - Digital preservation
   - Data citation and reuse
   - Data repositories (institutional/disciplinary/other)
   - Education and training for research data management/curation

*Themed Lightning Talks*
We are seeking lightning talks on the theme:  Building a community of
Practice for Research Data Services: Experiences of academic institutions,
government agencies and organizations.

Research data management is a trending topic in higher education government
agencies and organizations. The experiences of these institutions and
groups range from creating, developing research data management services
and the multi-faceted approaches to implementing the research data
management services. Although some of these experiences include but are not
limited to: obtaining university and campus support, building partnerships
with faculty, data management consultations, assisting with data management
plans and data literacy. We’re interested in learning more about the
experiences, challenges and lessons learned of other institutions,
organizations and agencies during the RDAP 15 summit.

*Discussion Tables*
In addition to the traditional conference presentations, we’re looking for
interested and knowledgeable people to lead discussion tables during the
Summit. Topics include, but are not limited to, the topics listed above for
posters. If interested, submit a short description on the submission page.

*Submissions*
Submit your 300 word (maximum) summary or abstract, along with any
supplementary documentation, for Panel Presentations by December 19, 2014.

Submissions for Interactive Posters, (Seven Minute) Lightning Talks, and
Discussion Table topics are due January 16, 2015.

Submit your proposals for RDAP15 here: http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP15/

View previous RDAP presentations and posters on our Slideshare
<http://www.slideshare.net/asist_org/tag/rdap13> site. Links to previous
Summits’ programs, videos and articles in the ASIS&T Bulletin are available
on our RDAP Past Events <http://www.asis.org/rdap/past-events/> page.

Keep up with RDAP news by joining our Listserv
<http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/rdap> and following us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/RDAPsummit>. For questions, contact co-chairs Carolyn
Bishoff <cbishoff at umn.edu> or Margaret Janz <margaret.janz at temple.edu>. We
look forward to hearing from you!