[Rdap] Registration for PASIG 2015 is now open

Minor, David dminor at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 16 23:44:25 EST 2014

The 15th PASIG meeting will be held March 11-13, 2015, on the campus of UC San Diego!

Come to the premier practioner-driven digital preservation event. We'll be bringing together an international group of experts in a wide range of fields, dedicated to providing timely, useful information.

Registration is now open! Early-bird registration fee of $150 is available until January 31. We've also reserved a block of reasonably-priced rooms at a hotel within walking distance of the event venue.

All registration and hotel information, and well as the meeting agenda, can be found on the event website:

https://libraries.ucsd.edu/chronopolis/pasig

The agenda is still being finalized, but it will include:

Wednesday, March 11: Optional Digital Preservation 101
An afternoon session drilling into the nuts and bolts of digital preservation, with an eye to infrastructure services.

Thursday, March 12: Practitioners Knowledge Exchange Day
A detailed look at where we are as a community, highlighting practical issues and solutions. We'll have presentations from archives and museums, public and university libraries from around the world.

Friday, March 13: Service Providers and Vendors Day
A range of case studies from preservation service providers and storage vendors, showing how their systems have been deployed in the real world.

Note that PASIG is immediately following the 5th RDA Plenary. Come to beautiful San Diego in March and attend two amazing events!

David.

David Minor
Program Director for Research Data Curation
Chronopolis Program Manager
UC San Diego Library