[Rdap] Data Publication Survey (Corrected)

John Kratz John.Kratz at ucop.edu
Wed Jan 22 14:50:03 EST 2014

Apologies for sending another email about the same thing.  It seems that
auto text wrapping broke the URLs in my previous email.  Here is the whole
thing again, with shortened links:

Dear colleague,

The California Digital Library (CDL) is conducting a survey of researcher
practices and perceptions around data publication.  Our aim is to learn
what a "data publication" should look like­ what is needed to make a
dataset reuseable and to properly credit its creator(s).  In addition to
informing our efforts at the CDL, the results will be published for use by
the library community.

The survey is anonymous (although University of California researchers
have the option of providing contact information for followup).

Would you be willing to ask the researchers at your institution to
participate?  We are interested in responses from researchers at any level
in any branch of the Sciences or Social Sciences.  Email text directed at
researchers with the survey link follows.  The survey will be open from
now until the end of February.  Please do not hesitate to contact me if
you have any questions or concerns.

More information can be found here:

http://goo.gl/RcN1XF

The survey is here:

http://goo.gl/PuIVoC

Thank you,

John Kratz, Ph.D.
CLIR/DLF Postdoctoral Fellow in Data Curation
California Digital Library
415 20th St., 4th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612
john.kratz at ucop.edu

Distributable email:

Greetings,

The California Digital Library (CDL) is conducting a survey of researcher
practices and perceptions around data publication.  Our aim is to learn
what a "data publication" should look like­ what should accompany a
dataset to make it re-useable and to properly credit its creator(s).  The
results will help to shape our efforts at the CDL, and form the basis of a
publication available to anyone.

If you are involved in research in any branch of the Sciences or Social
Sciences, we would be grateful for your response.  Your response is
valuable even if you have never shared/published data or given much
thought to the issues involved.  In addition, please consider sharing this
email with any of your colleagues who might be interested.

The survey can be taken anonymously in 5-10 minutes.

It is available through the following link:

john.kratz at ucop.edu