[Rdap] compressing files

Robert R. Downs rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Thu Jul 3 10:16:08 EDT 2014

The BagIt File Packaging Format might be of interest. It was developed
by the California Digital Library and the US Library of Congress. Others
also have been developing tools to meet the specification. More
information can be found at the links, below.

https://confluence.ucop.edu/display/Curation/BagIt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-kunze-bagit-10
http://sourceforge.net/projects/loc-xferutils/
https://github.com/LibraryOfCongress/bagit-java/

Thanks,

Bob Downs

Robert R. Downs, PhD
Senior Digital Archivist and Senior Staff Associate Officer of Research
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN),
The Earth Institute, Columbia University
P.O. Box 1000, 61 Route 9W, Palisades, NY 10964 USA
Voice: 845-365-8985; fax: 845-365-8922
E-mail: rdowns at ciesin.columbia.edu
Columbia University CIESIN Web site: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu