[Rdap] ICPSR Data Fair

Adrian Ho hoadriank at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:51:20 EDT 2014

Of possible interest:

*From: *Linda Detterman <lindamd at umich.edu>
*Date: *Thursday, July 10, 2014 at 12:04 PM
*To: *"icpsr-announce at icpsr.umich.edu" <icpsr-announce at icpsr.umich.edu>
*Subject: *[OR-Announce] [ICPSR] ICPSR Data Fair 2014 – Preliminary Program
Announced!

ICPSR is pleased to present its preliminary program for the 2014 ICPSR Data
Fair.  The theme of this year’s data fair centers around: “ICPSR – powering
sustainable data access.”

*The data fair is scheduled to take place Tuesday through Thursday, October
7-9, 2014. *

*Please note however that with the current count of webinars, to
accommodate time zones, the fair may begin on Monday, October 6. Webinar
broadcast times will run noon to 4:00 pm EDT.*

The final program, schedule, and webinar registration links will be made
available the first week of September 2014.

Descriptions of these one-hour webinar sessions can be found by visiting
our website here:
http://www.icpsr.umich.edu/icpsrweb/ICPSR/support/announcements/2014/07/icpsr-data-fair-2014-preliminary

*Preliminary Program*

   - *Broadening access to substance abuse and mental health data with the
   Restricted-use Data Analysis System (R-DAS)*
   - *NAHDAP Orientation - National Addiction and HIV Data Archive Program*
   - *An Introduction to NADAC - National Archive of Data on Arts and
   Culture*
   - *Disclosure Risk Training – For public-use or not for public use, that
   is the question*
   - *Out of the Gate(s): Post-secondary trajectories and outcomes of
   Millennium and Washington Achiever scholars*
   - *OSTP Public Access Plans for Data: An Update*
   - *Q&A with Measures of Effective Teaching (MET) Staff*
   - *Data, data everywhere and not a number to teach!*
   - *Making Research Methods Fun (or at Least Tolerable)*
   - *Public Access Data Sharing at ICPSR: Update on the State of openICPSR*
   - *Meeting Federal Data Sharing Requirements Now and into the Future*
   - *What should I do with my research data?  Understanding Deposit
   Options at ICPSR.*
   - *General Orientation to ICPSR*
   - *Sharing Restricted-Use Data with the Public – Options for Deposit and
   Access from ICPSR*

ICPSR webinars are free and open to the public. We encourage you to forward
this email to all who may be interested.

--

Linda Detterman

Assistant Director, Collection Delivery

Marketing & Membership Director