[Rdap] Job announcement: Digital Preservation Analyst at the UC San Diego Library

Minor, David dminor at ucsd.edu
Tue Jul 15 14:56:23 EDT 2014

Hi all - I’m passing along news of a new job posting in the Library. This person will be an integral part of our digital preservation and curation efforts. Please share as appropriate!

David.

Digital Preservation Analyst

The UC San Diego Library is seeking an experienced digital preservation analyst to play a central role building and maintaining national digital preservation systems, to ensure future generations will have open access to our digital cultural materials. This person will be integral to several important digital preservation enterprises including Chronopolis, the Digital Preservation Network (DPN) and significant digital curation efforts on the UC San Diego campus. This position will also have the opportunity to work with UC, national and international preservation developments.

The Digital Preservation Analyst reports to the Research Data Curation (RDC) Program Director within the UC San Diego Library. The RDC Program’s preservation mission is to preserve and ensure continuing access to objects under the stewardship of the Library, and to help define campus and national preservation goals. The Library also manages Chronopolis, a distributed digital preservation network, and is a founding participant in the Digital Preservation Network (DPN).

The position will also work closely with the Library’s Information Technology Program, and its Digital Library Development Program, to define and maintain appropriate digital preservation standards for campus content.

Closing Date: Application consideration begins August 17, 2014 and will continue until the position is filled.

For a full description of this positon please go to:  https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF00582

AA-EOE: UCSD is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity.