[Rdap] copyright and data

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Wed Jul 30 11:14:30 EDT 2014

Hi all,
Got a sticky question here.
We have CAT scans and photos coming in to deposited in our IR. Photos were taken by the researcher. CAT scans were taken by various labs and provided to the researcher for their use in researcher. Some of the scans were done at the Univ of Utah.

How have you handled the copyright question?
Data is not copyrighted, but these are images and I'm being told may fall under copyright.

For the photo example I'm assuming that the researcher owns CR because he took the photos as part of an NSF grant.

Daureen

Daureen Nesdill MS, MLIS -Data Curation Librarian
The Faculty Center @ J. Willard Marriott Library
University of Utah
295 South 1500 East, Salt Lake City UT 84112-0860
801-585-5975
daureen.nesdill at utah.edu<mailto:daureen.nesdill at utah.edu>
Subject areas Data Management, the Sciences and Engineering