[Rdap] NEWS RELEASE: DuraSpace Launches DSpaceDirect-Low-cost Discovery and Long-term Access to Digital Assets

Carol Minton Morris cmmorris at fedora-commons.org
Mon Mar 3 11:16:10 EST 2014

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

March 3, 2014

Contact: Carol Minton Morris <cmmorris at duraspace.og>

Read it online: http://bit.ly/1c1duEV

*DuraSpace Launches DSpaceDirect: Low-cost Discovery and Long-term Access
to Digital Assets Now Within Reach of Institutions of Any Size*

*Winchester, MA*  Today the DuraSpace organization is pleased to announce
the public launch of DSpaceDirect-the only hosted repository solution for
low-cost discovery, access, archiving, and preservation.
DSpaceDirect<http://dspacedirect.org/>is now available with convenient
features that include fast start-up,
you-pick customization, no-cost upgrades, content preservation options,
anytime data access and all-the-time data control-all at a price that puts
solutions for long-term access to digital scholarly assets within reach of
institutions of any size.

   -

   *Get DSpaceDirect details: http://dspacedirect.org/benefits
   <http://dspacedirect.org/benefits>*
   -

   *Get a DSpaceDirect quote right away: http://dspacedirect.org/inquiry
   <http://dspacedirect.org/inquiry>*

Built on DSpace <http://dspace.org/>, the most widely-used repository
application in the world with more than 1,500 installed instances,
DSpaceDirect was inspired by the idea that the past creates the future as
each generation builds knowledge on the scholarship that came before.
DSpaceDirect is a managed DSpace repository service that allows
institutions of any size to afford to keep their digital content safe and
accessible over time. Small institutions are able to get a repository up
and running right away that can be made available to patrons as well as to
new users worldwide. Users say that the DSpaceDirect easy start-up
accelerates discussions about digital content stewardship and preservation
best practices at their institutions.

Robbie Bolton, Library Director, White Library, Spring Arbor University
explains, "DSpaceDirect has made it possible for smaller academic
libraries, like Spring Arbor's White Library, to provide online digital
repositories to promote faculty publications and student research."

The ability to provide long-term access to and archiving of digital assets
is the cornerstone of a scholarly culture of openness. DSpaceDirect is a
launchpad for accessing the past to create the future, with no institutions
left behind. With annual subscriptions starting at less than $4,000
affordable long-term access is now within reach. *Find out more on the
DSpaceDirect pricing page: **http://dspacedirect.org/pricing
<http://dspacedirect.org/pricing>.*

About DuraSpace

DuraSpace http://duraspace.org is an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit
organization providing leadership and innovation for open technologies that
promote durable, persistent access to digital data. We collaborate with
academic, scientific, cultural, and technology communities by supporting
projects (DSpace <http://dspace.org/>, Fedora <http://fedorarepository.org/>)
and creating services (DuraCloud <http://duracloud.org/>,
DSpaceDirect)<http://dspacedirect.org/>to help ensure that current and
future generations have access to our
collective digital heritage. Our values are expressed in our organizational
byline, "Committed to our digital future."

--
Carol Minton Morris
DuraSpace