[Rdap] Register Today for the 2014 DataONE Users Group Meeting

Eaker, Chris ceaker at utk.edu
Wed May 7 12:42:14 EDT 2014

Registration is now open for the 2014 DataONE Users Group Meeting.
http://www.dataone.org/dataone-users-group

In 2009 DataONE was established following a successful application to the “Sustainable Digital Data Preservation and Access Network Partners (DataNet)” Solicitation from NSF.  The goal of DataONE was to "enable new science and knowledge creation through universal access to data about life on Earth and the environment that sustains it". Through DataONE, participants have designed, developed and deployed a robust cyberinfrastructure (CI) with innovative services, and directly engaged and educated a broad stakeholder community.  Five years later we have reached the end of that award and are excited to communicate our achievements, technologies and plans for Phase II that will take us through to 2019.

Join us in Frisco, CO July 6-7th to learn more about our planned activities, provide feedback on development and network with other DataONE Users.  There will be a number of break-out sessions (including one focussed on the DataONE Member Node network), community-led round table discussions and a poster reception for the community to highlight their projects of relevance to the DataONE community.  On Monday July 7th we will also run a half day session on the DMPTool, version 2.

The DataONE Users Group meeting is conveniently co-located with the Summer ESIP meeting so head out a few days early to enjoy Colorado and learn more about DataONE.

Sincerely,
Chris Eaker
Vice Chair DataONE User Group

Christopher B. Eaker
Assistant Professor and Data Curation Librarian
College of Architecture and Design Liaison
University of Tennessee Libraries
John C. Hodges Library, Room 236
ceaker at utk.edu
(865) 974-4404