[Rdap] Speaker Suggestions - Research Data Management

Fitzgerald, Jennifer jmfitzgerald at noble.org
Tue May 20 15:40:01 EDT 2014

Hello Everyone:

I am looking for suggestions from you for finding speakers on research data management.  I am with a small plant science research institute in southern Oklahoma.  We have about 360 employees, half being in research with approximately 100 Ph.D.'s.  Our three operating divisions are plant biology, forage improvement, and agricultural.

Disciplines - to name a few - range from cellular and plant molecular biology, bioinformatics, genomics, plant genetics, and mycology/plant pathology.  We would like to find speakers who may be able to come to our campus and talk to our scientists at their professional level on the importance of research data management.  We could do this for them, but feel that someone who can attest to the importance because "they've been there" would be perceived in a more positive light.

We don't have definite dates set for any of this yet, possibly early 2015.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jennifer Fitzgerald
Data Curator, Library
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
Telephone 580.224.6268 | Fax 580.224.6265
www.noble.org<http://www.noble.org/>