[Rdap] Lightning Round Talks from BitCurator Users (ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata IG, ALA Annual 2014)

Sarah Potvin spotvin at library.tamu.edu
Wed May 21 08:33:48 EDT 2014

‪Is your institution using or planning to use BitCurator <http://www.bitcurator.net/> to generate metadata for born-digital objects?‬

The ACLTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group is seeking BitCurator users to present lightning talks of 3-5 minutes during our meeting on Saturday, June 28, 2014, from 3:00-4:00 p.m. The meeting will feature a presentation by BitCurator PI Cal Lee, followed by lightning talks by BitCurator users and Q&A.

Ideally, lightning talks will provide context on how you have incorporated BitCurator into your workflows. The program provides an opportunity for exchange between the users and developers of the tool, as well as those considering digital forensics tools, with the potential to affect ongoing development and application of BitCurator.

Please submit a brief proposal using our online form at <http://bit.ly/1niRYMJ>. The form will prompt you to provide your name, email address, institution and title, and a brief paragraph about your use of BitCurator.

Preference will be given to proposals received by May 29, 2014.

ALCTS PARS Preservation Metadata Interest Group Co-Chairs:

Chelcie Juliet Rowell
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Z. Smith Reynolds Library
Wake Forest University
rowellcj at wfu.edu | 336.758.5477

Sarah Potvin
Assistant Professor
Digital Scholarship Librarian, Office of Scholarly Communication
Texas A&M University Libraries
spotvin at library.tamu.edu | 979.458.2662