[Rdap] Letter from DuraSpace CEO Michele Kimpton

Carol Minton Morris cmmorris at fedora-commons.org
Tue Oct 28 11:39:30 EDT 2014

October 28, 2014
Read it online: http://bit.ly/1zetRaY

Dear Community,

It is bittersweet as I announce my departure from DuraSpace. Over the last
eight years it has been an honor and privilege to work closely with the
DSpace, Fedora and most recently VIVO communities to advance the software
and create a sustainable pathway for each project.  I have enjoyed working
closely with the community to chart a pathway to collaboratively develop a
research and scholarship ecosystem for managing and preserving all academic
knowledge and works.  Projects such as DPN, SHARE and DPLA all have great
potential for providing long term managed access to knowledge and
scholarship.

Today we kick-off the search process to find the next CEO for DuraSpace.
You can find the job description on our website (http://duraspace.org/jobs).
The search committee will be screening applications as they are received.
We expect to fill the position by January 2015.  The position is based in
the USA, however no relocation is required.  It is anticipated the new CEO
will set up a local office at their current location. The search committee
is primarily composed of a subset of members from the DuraSpace board, and
will be reviewing applications as they are received.  You can submit a
cover letter and application to ceo at duraspace.org.

Please feel free to contact me (mkimpton at duraspace.org) or someone from
DuraSpace if you have any questions.

Best,