[Rdap] Very large files in DataVerse

Jonathan Petters jpetter1 at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 23 08:27:55 EDT 2014

Eugene:

I can suggest one workaround approach to ingesting >2GB size files into Dataverse that may work for you (and others using DVN).

Our system administrator found that you can upload a dummy file to Dataverse (e.g. near zero bytes), turn off Dataverse, and then move the large file (e.g. >2GB) into the same location and name as the dummy file within the database at the back-end of Dataverse.  After modifying the checksum for the file in the database (back-end again) and turning Dataverse back on, Dataverse will then recognize the larger file and make it available for download.

It requires a little comfortability with the inner workings of databases, but I hope that helps you and others looking for ways to make large files accessible through DVN!

Jon

Jonathan Petters, Ph.D.
Data Management Consultant
JHU Data Management Services