[Rdap] FORCE 2016 call for proposals

Brian Westra bdwestra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 14:22:23 EST 2015

Apologies for cross-posting.

---------------------------
Reminder: The FORCE2016 meeting will be held in Portland, Oregon, April
17-19, 2016, and we’re looking for your ideas and proposals for the
meeting. Please submit your proposals/abstracts for preconference meetings,
program sessions, demos, and posters. Travel Fellowships are also being
offered -- details below. Deadline for proposals is December 16, 2015.

For the FORCE2016 Conference we have combined the submissions to one form
for all types of sessions. There will be two poster/demo sessions this
year, one on Monday from 6-9 PM, and one on Tuesday from 11 AM - 1 PM. We
will also for the first time have concurrent sessions during the
conference. See
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details> the
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details> agenda
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details> for
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details> more
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details> details
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details>.
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/program/agenda-details>

*PRE-CONFERENCE MEETINGS*
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/pre-conference-meeting-proposals>

Pre-conference meetings will be held on Sunday, 17 Apr 2016. This time is
available for groups who want to meet for workshops, informal or formal
collaborations, or business meetings. Meetings should be related to the
goals and mission of FORCE11 (www.force11.org/about
<http://www.force11.org/about/manifesto>). If you are interested in meeting
this day in the FORCE2016 venue, please submit a proposal via this form
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/pre-conference-meeting-proposals>.

*PROGRAM SESSIONS*
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/program-submissions>

*Submit an abstract to be considered as a presenter at one of the sessions
listed below. *
Each session will include multiple speakers and presentations , and will be
approximately 10 minutes in length. Note, we are looking for volunteers for
the “Starting off on the right foot with data management” session. If you
are someone who is willing to be called up to participate, nominate
yourself using the form. A formal abstracts re not needed.

·         *Open Access Session: *No see, no touch traps: still struggling
to escape or free at last?
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/concurrent-session-no-see-no-touch-traps-still-struggling-escape-or-free-last>

·         *Data/Data Reuse Session:* Data by the people, for the people
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/session-data-people-people>

·         *Innovation Session:* Pitch it: innovation challenge
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/session-pitch-it-innovation-challenge>

·         *Data Sharing Session:* Starting off on the right foot with data
management
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/concurrent-session-starting-right-foot-data-management>

*DEMONSTRATIONS*
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/program-submissions>

Demonstration space is available and can be a stand alone demo or a demo
with a poster.  If you select on the application form a Demo presentation
we will  have a small table space for a laptop computer. Demo space is
limited.

*POSTERS*
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/program-submissions>

Poster spaces are available and can be a stand alone poster or a poster
with a  demo.  There will be two poster sessions this year, on Monday,
04/18, from 6-9PM and on Tuesday, 04/19, from 11AM-1PM. Please go here for
frequently asked questions
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/general-information/faqs>.

*TRAVEL FELLOWSHIPS*
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/travel-fellowship-application>

We are pleased to be able to offer travel fellowships to encourage students
and young scholars to attend FORCE2016. Our goal is to encourage students
and young scholars to become a part of the FORCE11 community. Preference
will be given to students based on need, as determined by the information
to be provided in the form
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/travel-fellowship-application>.
Travel support has been provided through generous grants from a number of
organizations. Fellowships of up to $1,200 are available for travel within
the US and Canada, and up to $2,000 for international travel.

In addition, conference registration fees will be waived for all travel
fellowship recipients.

As part of the fellowship, we will ask you to report on your experience of
attending FORCE2016 in the form of an online post or video. Apply here
<https://www.force11.org/meetings/force2016/forms/travel-fellowship-application>
.

Thanks,

Brian

Brian Westra
Lorry Lokey Science Data Services Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries