[Rdap] RDAP15: Lightning Talks, Posters, & Discussion Table topics due this Friday!

Margaret Janz tuf34268 at temple.edu
Mon Jan 12 12:50:08 EST 2015

*Lightning Talk, Poster, & Discussion Table topic proposals are due this
Friday - January 16, 2015*.
PLEASE NOTE: If you submitted a proposal using the link on the website
<http://www.asis.org/rdap/call-for-proposals/> before November 25, please
go to this link: http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP15/ and check the
passcode for your submission. If it does not work you will need to submit
your proposal again. Sorry for any inconvenience! Contact me or Carolyn
Bishoff <cbishoff at umn.edu> if you have questions.

*Important Dates*
*January 16, 2015*: Interactive Posters, Lightning Talks, and Discussion
Table Topics Submissions Due

RDAP15, the sixth annual Research Data Access and Preservation Summit, is
accepting proposals (max. 300 words) for panels, interactive posters,
lightning talks, and discussion tables. Themes for RDAP15 were selected by
this year’s planning committee with input from previous years’ attendees
and RDAP community members.

*Interactive Posters*
We are soliciting on any of the following themes:

   - Institutional policies for research data
   - Building/expanding research data services
   - Collaboration or tension between units involved with research data
   - Institutional responses to government policies/guidelines concerning
   research data
   - Systems/strategies for full-life cycle research data curation
   - Tools developed and/or used for data curation/management
   - Digital preservation
   - Data citation and reuse
   - Data repositories (institutional/disciplinary/other)
   - Education and training for research data management/curation

*Themed Lightning Talks*
We are seeking lightning talks on the theme:  Building a community of
Practice for Research Data Services: Experiences of academic institutions,
government agencies and organizations.

Research data management is a trending topic in higher education government
agencies and organizations. The experiences of these institutions and
groups range from creating, developing research data management services
and the multi-faceted approaches to implementing the research data
management services. Although some of these experiences include but are not
limited to: obtaining university and campus support, building partnerships
with faculty, data management consultations, assisting with data management
plans and data literacy. We’re interested in learning more about the
experiences, challenges and lessons learned of other institutions,
organizations and agencies during the RDAP 15 summit.

*Discussion Tables*
In addition to the traditional conference presentations, we’re looking for
interested and knowledgeable people to lead discussion tables during the
Summit. Topics include, but are not limited to, the topics listed above for
posters. If interested, submit a short description on the submission page.

*Submissions*
Submissions for Interactive Posters, (Seven Minute) Lightning Talks, and
Discussion Table topics are due January 16, 2015.

Submit your proposals for RDAP15 here: http://www.softconf.com/asis/RDAP15/

View previous RDAP presentations and posters on our Slideshare
<http://www.slideshare.net/asist_org/tag/rdap13> site. Links to previous
Summits’ programs, videos and articles in the ASIS&T Bulletin are available
on our RDAP Past Events <http://www.asis.org/rdap/past-events/> page.

Keep up with RDAP news by joining our Listserv
<http://mail.asis.org/mailman/listinfo/rdap> and following us on Twitter
<http://twitter.com/RDAPsummit>. For questions, contact co-chairs Carolyn
Bishoff <cbishoff at umn.edu> or Margaret Janz <margaret.janz at temple.edu>. We
look forward to hearing from you!