[Rdap] Research Data Alliance in San Diego, 9-11 March

Mark Parsons parsons.mark at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 14:48:40 EST 2015

Hi all,

I encourage this community to attend the upcoming RDA meeting. I think you
will find much of interest. I note, for example a new Libraries Interest
Group has just been endorsed. The meeting is also simply a lot of fun.

cheers,

-m.

Join the Research Data Alliance at its 5th Plenary Meeting in San Diego,
California

The Research Data Alliance (RDA) is pleased to announce that the United
States will be hosting its 5th Plenary Meeting in San Diego, California
from March 9 -11, 2015, at the beautiful Paradise Point Hotel.

The RDA is an international organization that was formed in 2013 through
funding from the National Science Foundation, the European Commission and
the Australian government, with a mission to reduce barriers to data
sharing and exchange, and accelerate data driven innovation worldwide. In
just two years, RDA membership has grown to include 2,600 individuals from
over 92 countries.

This 5th Plenary is open to RDA members and the public. We especially
welcome those individuals that share our core values of creating the
building blocks of common data infrastructures that can bridge disciplinary
activities under a community-driven and non-profit model. Data experts,
scientists, researchers and other professionals are encouraged to attend,
as well as students and early career professionals in industries related to
the fields of research data sharing and exchange.

To learn more about this event and/or register, please visit
https://rd-alliance.org/plenary-meetings/rda-fifth-plenary-meeting.html.

Mark A. Parsons
Secretary General, Research Data Alliance
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
http://rd-alliance.org, http://idea.rpi.edu
+1 518 410 3808
Skype: mark.a.parsons
mail: 1550 Linden Ave., Boulder CO 80304, USA