[Rdap] Graham Triggs is new Technical Lead for VIVO Project

Carol Minton Morris cmmorris at duraspace.org
Wed Jul 15 12:03:14 EDT 2015

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

July 15, 2015

Read it online: http://bit.ly/1HMTb7l
Contact: Debra Hanken Kurtz <dkurtz at duraspace.org>; Mike Conlon <
mconlon at duraspace.org>

*Welcome Graham Triggs: New Technical Lead for the VIVO Project*

*Winchester, MA*  The DuraSpace organization is pleased to announce that
Graham Triggs has accepted a position with DuraSpace as the Technical Lead
for the VIVO Project effective September 21, 2015. In his new role as VIVO
Technical Lead, Graham will work closely with Mike Conlon, the VIVO Project
Director, VIVO project governance, and the VIVO community to implement the
roadmap for VIVO, the open source semantic web platform that creates an
integrated record of the scholarly work of an organization.

Triggs is based in London and is an experienced technical analyst and
software developer with a history of collaborating with colleagues and
clients from around the world. As Head of Repository Systems at Symplectic
<http://symplectic.co.uk/> since 2011, Triggs recently helped integrate
Symplectic’s research information management system, *Elements*, with VIVO,
allowing the structured research data captured within *Elements* to be
represented inside VIVO. He also led the integration of* Elements* with
institutional repositories in addition to developing web services for
DSpace, EPrints and Fedora open source repository platforms. In addition he
helped to implement and support individual client integrations by gathering
technical requirements and representing client product development needs.

“I’m thrilled to have Graham onboard as tech lead for the VIVO Project.
Graham brings a wealth of experience, insight and talent to his new role,”
said Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director.

Triggs said, “For the last 20 years, I have been developing systems for the
dissemination and discovery of research, mostly focused on open access,
open data and open source. Most recently, I have not only seen how
important it is for institutions to have a complete, consistent record of
scholarly work, but also the value of publishing linked open datasets of
key information. As an extension of these interests, I'm excited to be
joining DuraSpace, and working with the VIVO community to grow this
emerging field of semantic research networking software.”

DuraSpace and the VIVO Project teams extend a warm welcome to Graham in his
new role as the VIVO Technical Lead, and look forward to his contributions
to the broad, collaborative VIVO movement that will shape the future of
research.