[Rdap] Help ACRL understand your needs for scholarly communication information

Adrian Ho hoadriank at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 12:53:53 EDT 2015

Apologies for cross-posting

Hello,

ACRL is conducting a survey to find out colleagues' needs for information
about scholarly communication.  They would greatly appreciate it if you
could take a moment to fill out the survey no later than June 23rd:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B9HFY3L

Details about the survey are noted below.  Have a good weekend!

Adrian

*Subject:* Help ACRL understand your needs for scholarly communication
information

We're pleased to invite you to help ACRL better understand your needs for
scholarly communication information. Our popular ACRL Scholarly
Communication Toolkit (http://www.acrl.ala.org/scholcomm) is always
evolving with updated content. We want to know if we're continuing to meet
your needs for quick, basic information on scholarly communication topics
and for specific tools (such as case studies, handouts, presentations and
videos) to adapt and use on your own campus. Please provide your feedback
at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B9HFY3L. A brief review of the toolkit
will remind you about the content that is available.

ACRL believes that scholarly communication issues are central to the work
of all academic librarians and all types of institutions. We see it as
vital to the work of all academic librarians that they understand the
basics of the evolving scholarly communication system. The ACRL Scholarly
Communication Toolkit was created to support library staff seeking to align
their programs with an essential byproduct of their parent institutions -
the creation, protection, dissemination and archiving of new knowledge.

*Your participation is key*
We value your feedback. Help us improve the ACRL Scholarly Communication
Toolkit so it can better serve you as a resource for scholarly
communication discussions in Library Science curricula, inside academic
libraries, and for your outreach programs to faculty and administrators. *To
thank you for your time, once you complete the questionnaire, you will
entered into a drawing to win a free registration for an ACRL webcast of
your choice.*

*To participate*

We invite you to help us by providing feedback in a brief questionnaire at
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B9HFY3L. We estimate it will take 20 minutes
of your time. To participate, please complete the questionnaire no later
than June 23. We also encourage recipients to forward this message to other
relevant listservs, groups and individuals as you see fit.

*For more information*
If you have any questions about this questionnaire or our plans for using
this data to improve the ACRL Scholarly Communication Toolkit, please don't
hesitate to contact either of us.

Sincerely,

Claire Stewart
Chair, ACRL Research and Scholarly Environment Committee
Associate University Librarian for Research and Learning

University of Minnesota Libraries

cstewart at umn.edu

(612) 301-1397

Shan C. Sutton
Vice Chair, ACRL Research and Scholarly Environment Committee
Vice Dean of University Libraries

University of Arizona

ssutton at email.arizona.edu

(520) 621-6432