[Rdap] following up after research data consultations

Brianna Marshall brianna.marshall at wisc.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:27:00 EDT 2015

Hey RDAP!

I lead a campuswide group that provides education around research data management topics for the UW-Madison community. We currently use Gimlet<https://gimlet.us/> to document consultations and any other interactions we have. However, we're also trying to figure out the best way to follow up and solicit feedback from community members. Right now we're envisioning sending out a survey within a few days of the interaction to gauge initial feedback, then an additional survey three months or so later to see if there were any other notable effects (e.g., they got the grant they applied for, the concepts we discussed together are working/not working in their lab, etc).

I'm curious. How are others following up after data management consultations? What questions are you asking? How do you measure success?

We're also hoping to add in a section where community members have the option of adding a brief testimonial that we can use on our website and promotional materials, so I would be interested in whether others are collecting this type of information too.

Thanks so much!
Brianna

___

Brianna Marshall