[Rdap] licensing data

Koshoffer, Amy (koshofae) KOSHOFAE at ucmail.uc.edu
Mon Mar 16 12:06:21 EDT 2015

I would like to post this to the listserve.  I subscribe, but one post I attempted was rejected.  Can you advise me how to post to the list serve?

I was wondering if there are good examples for using creative commons licenses with data sets.  We are working on rolling out our Institutional repository and are trying to see how to provide adequate licenses for data sets, but we feel that there is much to be learned.  We have reviewed the DCC how to license data http://www.dcc.ac.uk/resources/how-guides/license-research-data  and watched the ACRL webinar "Can I copyright my data".  I am interested in cases that use the CC licenses or have used re-use statements (the language of those re-use statements would be of great interest to us).

Amy Koshoffer
Science Informationist

Science and Engineering Libraries
University of Cincinnati Libraries