[Rdap] reminder: "Geospatial Collection in Libraries" Research

Ifigenia Vardakosta ifigeniavardakosta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 12:54:04 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Ifigenia Vardakosta and I am Head Librarian at the Library &
Information Centre of Harokopio University. I am also working out my PhD
thesis at the  Laboratory on Digital Libraries and Electronic Publishing -
Archives, Library Science and Museology Department - Faculty of Information
Science & Informatics of the of Ionian University, Corfu, Greece (
http://tab.ionio.gr/). The thesis is related to geospatial collection
development policies and GIS services in the area of libraries.
With the present questionnaire you are kindly requested to answer the
questions as librarians / users of geographic information systems and
geospatial data.
The purpose of the research is mapping the geospatial collections. We seek
to identify if the development of geospatial collections was based on
certain Geospatial Collection Development Policies (GCDPs) as well as the
volume of open access utilization in libraries regarding geographical
information. Additionally, we anticipate that this research will reveal
whether libraries collect in their repositories the locally produced
geospatial data or not and provide innovative services to their users.
Even though the questionnaire has been structured to be answered by
librarians/employees solely working on geographic collections and GIS
services, nevertheless librarians/employees others than Map/GIS experts can
also participate testifying their opinion for geospatial collection
development.
The questionnaire is structured in six sections: 1)Demographics
2)Geospatial Collection Development 3)Repository Geospatial Collection
4)GIS Services 5)Policies 6)Opinions. Participants will be driven from one
section to another based on their answers.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1V6ndufvMIqj3ev9gGqOJ8kCPLhxI-HWf5LW1CEGGqUo/viewform

The questionnaire is anonymous and the results will be used exclusively in
the above work. Please fill in this questionnaire carefully, clearly and
objectively in order to contribute to the validity of the data that will be
collected. It is estimated that the average completion time is
approximately 15 minutes and the questionnaire will be available till
10.10.15.

Please, be kind enough to forward this message to your colleagues in your
library or any other libraries/organizations.
Thank you for taking the time to assist me in my educational endeavours. If
you have any questions, please, feel free to contact me.

Ifigenia Vardakosta
Head Librarian
Library & Information Centre
Harokopio University