[Rdap] data publishing - policy question re: data with errors

Avila, Regina L. (Fed) regina.avila at nist.gov
Mon Apr 11 14:03:22 EDT 2016

Hello all,

As we're formulating our policies and practices for publishing scientific research data at NIST, I'm wondering how my colleagues are handling published research data that is discovered to have errors.

My questions are:

Are you overwriting the erroneous data with the corrected data and then publishing changelogs?
Are you keeping the original data but making it inaccessible?
If you're keeping the original data accessible, how are you noting the errors?
If you're keeping the erroneous data, is it kept permanently or for a set amount of time?
Has any authority published a best practice guide on this matter?
Any arguments for against any of these ideas?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Regina Avila
Regina L. Avila
Digital Services Librarian