[Rdap] Instructional material for teaching a class the importance of data dictionaries

Joan B. joane.beaudoin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:33:56 EST 2016

I was directed to a very interesting article this morning in *Canadian
Business *about why Target's foray into the Canadian market failed - it was
the data behind their products - "It didn’t take long for Target to figure
out the underlying cause of the breakdown: The data contained within the
company’s supply chain software, which governs the movement of inventory,
was riddled with flaws." The article is likely to be highly useful and
memorable to business students.
http://www.canadianbusiness.com/the-last-days-of-target-canada/?utm_content=buffer8e5c5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

--
Joan E. Beaudoin