[Rdap] Security/Storage Systems - DMP Language

Fitzgerald, Jennifer jmfitzgerald at noble.org
Tue Oct 11 10:22:00 EDT 2016

Hello:

Our institution's library and Data Management Committee are in the process of developing data management plan language for our researchers.

There has been discussion regarding how much information to include regarding the security and storage systems used in our operations.  There is a proposed paragraph that would describe at a very high level the infrastructure and software suite used by our institution's IT team, how those systems back up data, and general (but not precise) locations of where backup tapes are kept.

One member of the Committee expressed concerns over divulging this type of information externally.  Opinions and feedback are appreciated.

Jennifer Fitzgerald
Data Curator, Library and Information Management Services
The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
2510 Sam Noble Parkway
Ardmore, OK 73401
Telephone 580.224.6268 | Fax 580.224.6265
www.noble.org<http://www.noble.org/>