[Rdap] call for planning committee volunteers: Love Your Data 2017

Coates, Heather hcoates at iupui.edu
Tue Sep 20 13:30:54 EDT 2016

Hi all,

It's time to start planning for the 2017 Love Your Data week (February 13 -
17)! I am looking for 5-6 lovely people who are interested in joining the
planning committee. We will take on the following responsibilities so that
participating institutions have a great week and have a strong set of
materials to adapt & reuse.

*	choose an overall theme for the week
*	select the particular audience we want to engage
*	develop daily messages and supporting content (stories, strategies &
tools, examples, and activities)
*	update the website:  <https://loveyourdata.wordpress.com/>
https://loveyourdata.wordpress.com/
*	write social media messages for local site coordinators to use and
adapt
*	develop 2-3 digital images to use for swag like buttons & stickers
(local sites will be responsible for purchasing these) - Thanks to Jen Doty
for inspiring this idea with her buttons last year!

In case you aren't familiar with the idea, check out the
<https://loveyourdata.wordpress.com/> site for 2016 (before I reset it for
2017 in mid-October).

If you are interested in contributing to the planning committee, please
contact me off-list at  <mailto:coates.hl at gmail.com> coates.hl at gmail.com.

All the best,

Heather

Heather Coates, MLS, MS
Digital Scholarship and Data Management Librarian

IUPUI University Library - Center for Digital Scholarship
Phone: (317) 278-7125
Email:  <mailto:hcoates at iupui.edu> hcoates at iupui.edu
 <http://ulib.iupui.edu/digitalscholarship>
http://ulib.iupui.edu/digitalscholarship

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett