[Rdap] Job posting: Data librarian at Texas A&M University Libraries

Dong Joon Lee leedjoon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 12:45:08 EDT 2016

Data Librarian at Office of Scholarly Communications, Texas A&M University
Libraries

The Texas A&M University Libraries seeks to expand our team in the
Office of Scholarly Communications (OSC) by recruiting a data
management librarian to join our growing team. The OSC leads the
Libraries’ efforts to explore alternative means of assessing scholarly
output and impact; increase recognition of Texas A&M University
research; expand awareness and acceptance of open access and open
educational resources on campus; support digital scholarship
initiatives; strengthen author/faculty rights; and support digital
data services.  We often work through partnership with other library
units as well as national organizations such as Duraspace and the
Texas Digital Library to achieve our goals.  This tenure-track
academic appointment carries full faculty status and responsibilities
including research, publication, and service to meet both the
Libraries’ and University’s requirements for tenure and promotion.

We seek to recruit an innovative librarian who can design and
implement systemic programs that couple outreach, education, tools,
and policies that effectively advance library initiatives in
data-driven discovery at Texas A&M.  Specifically, we seek applicants
who can develop data management services to support faculty preparing
proposals or managing research teams; support and manage Texas A&M’s
shared instance of the emerging data repository being administered by
the Texas Digital Library; engage with the Libraries’ metadata efforts
to improve discoverability and metadata quality for repository
objects; partner with key stakeholder groups within the Libraries and
across campus in developing the University’s data management,
curation, and preservation strategies; and contribute to open source
communities seeking to develop and expand data repository
functionality.  This position works closely with application
developers, a cross-unit metadata team, other library units, and the
Texas Digital Library.

http://library.tamu.edu/about/positions/pa_data_lib_sep16.html