[Rdap] Job posting: Research Data Metadata Librarian

Minor, David dminor at ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:20:18 EST 2017

Hi folks. I'm passing along announcement of a great position in our Library: Research Data Metadata Librarian.

Reporting primarily to the Director of the Research Data Curation Program (me!), the Research Data Metadata Librarian works collaboratively with the Digital Object Metadata Management unit of the Metadata Services Program to provide metadata support and advice to researchers and other data owners in preparing and submitting their data collections for ingest into the Library’s digital repository.

The successful candidate will also play a large role in developing and conducting training on metadata and data management best practices. For instance, the Library is focused on developing instructional programs utilizing Software Carpentry and Data Carpentry.

Finally, the person will also have the opportunity to provide community leadership, as metadata for digital materials is actively shared between the a number of other national systems and services.

Applications are now being accepted at https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01633 .

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

David.

David Minor
Program Director for Research Data Curation
UC San Diego Library