[Rdap] Governing board, next steps

Erica Mehan Johns emj73 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 6 11:17:24 EDT 2018

Hello RDAP community,

Great to see everybody at the conference! The last course of action for the Future Vision Task Force was to run the nominations, elections, and get the board in place. The nominations for the governing board are in: we have one person nominated for each position, except for one position where there are two interested parties. Because we are in a transitional year, the task force is recommending that we keep the additional person on board in lieu of an election (where you vote on nominated members of the board), further develop the election process, and allow all folks who were nominated to serve a one year term on the interim governance board. The governance board will convene in the next two weeks. We will make every effort to be transparent in our planning and continue to involve the community in decision making.

More soon on the independence vote! Thank you all for your participation and thoughtful comments!

Best,

Erica

Erica M. Johns
Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian
Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University