[Rdap] Outreach Opportunity - need ideas!

Pat Moore PatMoore at Cunet.Carleton.Ca
Mon Apr 9 08:51:26 EDT 2018

Maybe something with the same message, but self-focussed  - Why I got into Data services?   To help researcher protect their data, make it more shareable, increase the reach of their work.

PLM

From: Rdap <rdap-bounces at asist.org> On Behalf Of Morelock, Kindra
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2018 8:40 AM
To: rdap at mail.asis.org
Subject: [Rdap] Outreach Opportunity - need ideas!

Good morning RDAP!

I have an opportunity through our Office of Research Services (ORS) here at DePaul University to have a feature in an upcoming newsletter that will be distributed to our faculty. The Director of ORS envisions this as an interview and has sent me a list of questions to that end and has given me license to write my own question. His questions are in the vein of "How did you come to be at DePaul?" and "What are your job responsibilities" and "How can people get in touch with you?"

I'd like to write something a little more RDM-y - like "Why should researchers care about managing their data?" But I fear that that sounds condescending. A little background: I'm the first Data Services Librarian at DePaul and it appears to me that there has been little collectively done around RDM here, or if it has been, it's been decentralized into specific departments/colleges so I'm not only promoting my services, but promoting RDM as a whole. Any suggestions as to wording or topics are welcome!

Warmly,
Kindra

Kindra Morelock
Data Services Librarian | DePaul University
kmoreloc at depaul.edu<mailto:kmoreloc at depaul.edu>
(773) 325-4668