[Rdap] ELNs and the Sci/Engineering Fair

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Fri Jan 26 15:03:26 EST 2018

Hi,
I've been judging the Sci/Engr fair for years here in the Salt Lake Valley. I noticed a few years ago that students started switching from the traditional notebooks to using Word and Excel. Caused a problem since they were not bringing print copies or laptops to the Fair. Judges need to evaluate their notebooks. Well it seems some of these little scientists have found ELNs and are using them.

The organizer is asking about good ELNs for the students to use. She wants to recommend one with an audit trail. We are thinking of both LabArchives and OSF.
She will be asking the different schools what the students are using.

Anyone been here before and have any insight?

Daureen

Daureen Nesdill, MS, MLIS
Research Data Management Librarian
The Faculty Center @ the Marriott Library