[Rdap] GIS Librarian position at Ohio State University

Rinehart, Amanda K. rinehart.64 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 5 16:24:02 EDT 2018

Apologies for cross-posting!

The Ohio State University Libraries (OSUL) is seeking a talented individual for the position of Geospatial Information Librarian.   I am writing to ask for your help in identifying and nominating qualified candidates for this position.

The Geospatial Information Librarian is a forward-focused individual who will grow the Libraries' GIS services program. This librarian will be an expert in applying geospatial concepts and techniques to the research agendas of faculty and students, will enhance curricula, and support research innovation across the University relating to spatial, numerical and visual thinking. The librarian will design and deliver consulting services to faculty and students using spatial data in a wide range of units across the University, and will collaborate with other units providing GIS support.

As a global leader, The Ohio State University and the Libraries are actively engaged in local, statewide, national, and international initiatives to help shape the future of academic research libraries. These activities and the innovations that result enhance our ability to acquire, manage, and preserve emerging information resources, support knowledge creation, and enable its effective transmission to future learners.  Additional information about The Ohio State University Libraries is available at http://library.osu.edu.

The full position description is available online here: http://go.osu.edu/GISLibrarian.

Thank you for any help you can give us in identifying and nominating qualified candidates for this position.  I would be pleased to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Amanda Rinehart
Assistant Professor and Data Management Services Librarian

Rinehart.64 at osu.edu
175 W 18th Avenue
Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-3336