[Rdap] Job Posting: Data Librarian for the Health Sciences at Yale

Spak, Judy judy.spak at yale.edu
Wed Mar 7 07:26:07 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

Great things are happening at Yale. We are excited to announce a newly created opportunity at the Cushing/Whitney Medical Library. Come be a part of our team!

The Cushing/Whitney Medical Library is actively seeking applications and nominations for a Data Librarian for the Health Sciences. Share with your friends! Please see details below:

Data Librarian for the Health Sciences, Medical Library (#48291BR)
In an ever-changing, data-intensive environment, the Data Librarian is an enthusiastic, user-centered individual who will be responsible for the design of the library’s data support program, working collaboratively with others at Yale involved in data education and policy. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Research and Education Services and is a member of the Research and Education Team.

Through consultation and collaboration, the Data Librarian works to enable faculty, students, clinicians, and researchers to leverage data resources to the fullest, providing information on acquisition and management of datasets for biomedical, clinical, and health sciences research. This position Increases the visibility and usability of data resources through research consultations, workshops and course-integrated instruction, online research guides, and outreach efforts.

For your convenience, the complete posting and a link to apply can be viewed here:  http://bit.ly/2oEr7Uo.

I will be attending the RDAP Summit in Chicago and welcome the opportunity to discuss this position with those who may be interested. Please feel free to email me at judy.spak at yale,edu<mailto:judy.spak at yale,edu> with any questions.

With all good wishes,

Judy Spak

Judy M. Spak, MLS
Assistant Director of Research and Education Services
Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
Yale School of Medicine
203.737.2961
Pronouns: she/her/hers