[Rdap] RDAP community engagement REMINDERS: Values, Bylaws

Erica Mehan Johns emj73 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 28 15:49:51 EST 2018

Hi RDAP Community,

Please take a look at the RDAP Values statement<https://docs.google.com/document/d/19ungO1mwJUuwnwZfF3cTIvRbPh-yMLkxKIkXMKE3ThE/edit?usp=sharing> that has been constructed by the RDAP leadership team (Executive Board and Chairs of Action Committees) and provide feedback<https://cornell.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3U9EjuXzJG3C9tb> by Nov 30, 2018.

We are putting our RDAP by-laws out for comment until December 3, 2018. Please find the bylaws here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RK2ZEBebBAY10Jsx7Xp_z_lxkorztx4Xsltkf4pmhLc/edit?usp=sharing . We will review comments and make necessary changes by Dec 7, 2018 and have the bylaws out for voting by Dec. 10th. These bylaws are the last step in documentation we need to file our 501c-3 not-for-profit status as the Research Data Access and Preservation Association, and provide detailed descriptions of our governing framework.

Best,
Erica Johns

Erica M. Johns
Research Data & Environmental Sciences Librarian
President, RDAP Executive Board

Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES departments
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853