[Rdap] Job Posting

Krystina Cuddemi kcuddemi at whoi.edu
Thu Oct 11 11:20:58 EDT 2018

Good Morning,

I was hoping to have one of our jobs posted to your email lists. See below for the job description and I have also included the link for candidates to apply directly to the position.

Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is currently searching for a Repository Manager to join our Library department. This is a regular, full-time, exempt position, and is eligible for benefits.
JOB SUMMARY:
The Repository Manager supports all aspects of the Woods Hole Open Access Server (WHOAS), including technical functions and data publication. The MBLWHOI library is considered the intellectual heart of the Woods Hole scientific community. This position will help identify and participate in projects that support science activities through demonstration of one or more specialized skills.  Will be expected to work on tasks requiring creativity and independent thinking along with proven understanding of fundamental research and computer principles.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

  *   Manages the institutional repository, WHOAS, including solicits content, loading files, entering metadata, and coordinating upgrades with our vendor, as well as communications with our DOI registry agents for publications and data.
  *   Works closely with our Data Librarian to provide access to data collections and make deposits to other repositories.
  *   Collaborates with our Archivist to support access to Institution collections.
  *   Participates in library outreach efforts.
  *   Supports Open Access initiatives.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

  *   As deemed necessary by supervisor
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Ph.D. in a related field, or Master's in a related field with several years of relevant experience, or Bachelor's in a related field with more than five years of experience. In the absence of a formal degree, considerable equivalent work experience is required. Successful candidates will have demonstrated the technical skill, motivation, independence, and creativity necessary to complete difficult tasks.

  *   Experience with DSpace, data management, Dublin Core, and other metadata schema.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Physical duties for this position include but are not limited to, ability to lift less than 25-50 lbs independently; carry 25-50 lbs. Visual abilities to include peripheral, depth perception, and ability to distinguish basic colors. Hearing requirements include the ability to hear and respond to instructions. Other physical tasks include occasional standing/walking; use of hands for basic /fine grasping and manipulation, repetitive motion, reaching above and below the shoulders, kneeling, bending, stooping, and climbing ladders/stools. Other occupational requirements include talking, working around others, with others, and independently. Will be exposed to dust or other irritants. Physical duties are subject to change.
WHOI is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC). We are sensitive to the issues of dual career candidates and we will work with applicants to address them. Please visit HERC<http://www.newenglandherc.org/home/index.cfm?site_id=660> - for more information.

WHOI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans/M/F. We encourage Veterans and those with Disabilities to apply. Applications are reviewed confidentially. Applicants that require accommodation in the job application process are encouraged to contact us at (508) 289-2253 or email eeo at whoi.edu<mailto:eeo at whoi.edu> for assistance.

https://www.candidatemanager.net/cm/p/pJobDetails.aspx?mid=YWWY&sid=BWCXF&jid=GTCXUBFU&a=Ya5kVOjNOCU%253d

Krystina Cuddemi
Human Resources Partner - Talent
kcuddemi at whoi.edu<mailto:kcuddemi at whoi.edu>