[Rdap] FW: DataONE Webinar Series: Open Science as a Movement

Daureen Nesdill daureen.nesdill at utah.edu
Thu Sep 6 15:17:41 EDT 2018

FYI –
Daureen

From: Amber Budden [mailto:aebudden at dataone.unm.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 06, 2018 1:04 PM
To: Daureen Nesdill <daureen.nesdill at utah.edu>
Subject: DataONE Webinar Series: Open Science as a Movement

DataONE Webinar Series and FORCE2018 Make Data Count Wksp

Can't see images? Click here...<http://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT05NzQ3MDQ3MTAzNTMxNjM0MjkmYz14M2g0JmU9MTM1MjQxJmI9MTk5ODg3NDQwJmQ9czRjMGMxcQ==.5Ea67inVRis8LKEINiDfu4q0IzpLFIScgh0hfugk4BA>

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/ddedbd3d82c054f14e5305a4e33cc31c7a1624ae.png/8a6525b4594732a90a7e826b8f25a61c881c3f95.png]

[https://bucket.mlcdn.com/a/1173/1173052/images/8284009fe201d765420cf97dfdb113bb5c42ad92.jpeg/4d148a37bdf710f163c7fe5150ae216c254ec484.jpeg]

DataONE Webinar Series

Open Science as a Movement: Mozilla’s efforts to build community and open leadership in science

Stephanie Wright, Mozilla Science

Tuesday September 11th
0900 PT / 1000 MT / 1100 CT / 1200 ET

Abstract:
The term “open science” means different things to different people.  For some it means open access to publications and peer review. For others, it’s all about reproducibility through the sharing of research data and code. Still others view open science as synonymous with citizen science.
During this webinar we will explain how Mozilla’s definition of open science has evolved over time.  As a result, our programs have grown and fostered an open community that has outgrown the original Mozilla science team, includes partnerships outside Mozilla, and has now expanded beyond just science.   Due to the best practices inherent in working open, the work is being sustained beyond our original resources and investments into a movement with a global reach.

*Please note: Capacity is set to 100 attendees. Registration does not guarantee admission if we exceed capacity. You may still be able to call in via phone.

[Rounded Rectangle: Register Now]

Make Data Count at FORCE2018

Contributing and Consuming Data Metrics to Make Your Data Count

Please join the Make Data Count Team for a workshop on data-level metrics, in which we'll demonstrate how you can standardize and display data metrics such as citations, views, and downloads for your repository. This workshop<http://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT05NzQ3MDQ3MTAzNTMxNjM0MjkmYz14M2g0JmU9MTM1MjQxJmI9MTk5ODg3NDQ2JmQ9dTllNHQzZQ==.wyePLlULiBpRcBTZX23odOuxmA0JD1SCBAUKdjAGL6c> will feature members from the RDA Scholix WG, Crossref, and the Make Data Count project.

[Rounded Rectangle: Workshop Sign-up]

Best Regards,
Amber Budden
Director for Community Engagement and Outreach, DataONE
aebudden at dataone.unm.edu<mailto:aebudden at dataone.unm.edu>
505.205.7675

[Rounded Rectangle: SHARE]

[Rounded Rectangle: TWEET]

[Rounded Rectangle: FORWARD]

You received this email because you signed up on our website, are a member of the DataONE Users Group or registered for a DataONE sponsored activity.

www.DataONE.org<http://click.mlsend.com/link/c/YT05NzQ3MDQ3MTAzNTMxNjM0MjkmYz14M2g0JmU9MTM1MjQxJmI9MTk5ODg3NDY0JmQ9bTBnN3Uwag==.XOw1L1FqDjL9U_g_BCJKsYMl3-4P4QeUndf_uCoIyak>