[Rdap] Share your ideas at the #FORCE2018 poster session

Violeta Ilik ilik.violeta at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 13:37:27 EDT 2018

*** Cross posted to multiple lists ***

Ideas are only great when they're shared. If you’ve got an interesting
project in research communication, or if you’ve got an idea and want to get
some feedback, submit a poster and join us for FORCE2018
<https://goo.gl/c7eopD> in Montreal this October.

Posters are a good way to connect with the community and talk through what
you’re working on. We’re looking for poster submissions that address any
aspect of research communication and engagement, such as:

   -

   Research techniques
   -

   Publishing
   -

   Data publishing
   -

   Global perspectives
   -

   Research and policy
   -

   General scholarly communication

To submit your poster for consideration by the program committee, write a
short paragraph describing your project and send it in by September 21.

SUBMIT NOW <https://goo.gl/dbGSCU>

Posters will be on display throughout the two-day conference. There are
four dedicated Poster Sessions listed on the conference schedule
<https://goo.gl/Gv1RkC> when presenters should plan to stand by their
posters. All posters are eligible to be highlighted in the Power Pitch
Poster Presentation session after Thursday's lunch. More information on
that will be sent to accepted submission after September 21. Poster
presenters must also register <https://goo.gl/YJftJG> to attend the
conference.

Already been invited to present a poster? Great! If you have any questions,
please DM @force11rescomm, join the public FORCE11 Slack
<https://goo.gl/WUX96k>, or email FORCE2018-INFO at force11.org

What is FORCE2018?

FORCE2018 is a different conference. It promotes open discussions on an
open future for scholarly communications. It looks beyond the publication
to the needs of all involved in the research enterprise, including the
producers and the users of research.

The wide variety of this year’s talks cover many themes, including

   -

   Open Data, Open Source and Open Scholarship
   -

   Research classification and interdisciplinary research
   -

   New ways to share research results
   -

   Reproducibility
   -

   Community outreach and impact

Sometimes controversial. Often different. Always inspiring.

Why else should you attend?

What makes the FORCE2018 conference special, and unmissable, is the
opportunity to connect and collaborate with committed people from across
sectors. We may approach things from different perspectives, but we all
care about research.

We all want to realise the benefits of enhanced access to the world’s
knowledge.

So, please join us for three days in fabulous Montreal, Canada and engage
in great conversation.

The FORCE2018 Conference will be held in Montreal, Canada on October 11 &
12, 2018 at the New Residence Conference Center at McGill University.
Pre-conference workshops held on October 10 at Concordia University's
Webster Library. You can check out the full schedule here
<https://goo.gl/Gv1RkC>.

Thanks! We'll look forward to seeing you there.

JB, John and Carly

On behalf of the Lead Organizing Team <https://goo.gl/NPou7E>

On behalf of the Lead Organizing Team
Violeta Ilik