[Rdap] RDAP Happenings, April 2019 (includes date of next town hall)

Erica Mehan Johns emj73 at cornell.edu
Wed Apr 3 15:45:54 EDT 2019

Hello RDAP'ers!

RDAP Summit

We look forward to seeing everyone at RDAP Summit in Miami on May 15-17. This is our first Summit as an independent professional association AND RDAP's 10th Summit! The program is published on RDAP website<https://rdapassociation.org/2019-program/> and if you have not done so yet, you can register here<https://rdapassociation.org/registration/>.

Thank you to the Conference Planning Committee for its efforts to be more inclusive this year. This includes an updated Code of Conduct<http://rdapassociation.org/code-of-conduct/>, access to a lactation space during the conference, a ramp for stage access, a gender neutral bathroom, guidance to presenters on how to make presentations more accessible, and more! Please contact us<https://rdapassociation.org/contact-us/> with any questions or additional accommodation requests.

RDAP and JeSLIB<https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/> will again partner for a special conference issue of the journal. Details of the call for submissions will go out soon. We also encourage those interested to register for the Summit's Friday morning workshop on turning a presentation or poster into an article; the session will be lead by the RDAP's Publishing Committee, many of whom are associated with JeSLIB.

RDAP Business

The RDAP Association is conducting its first membership drive, with free membership for our first year as an association (though donations are very welcome to offset the cost of applying for 501(c)3 status and conference production). More information on membership is available here<https://rdapassociation.org/membership/>. You can sign up to be a member and/or donate using this form<https://rdapassociation.org/rdap-membership/> or during the conference registration process.

One benefit of membership is being able to vote in RDAP's elections. We are currently seeking nominations for the Executive Board positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary. All positions are for one year, with President and Treasurer acting as advisors for an additional year (to the new Board and new Treasurer, respectively). Please complete the nominating form<https://forms.gle/kAnNCX7Yb4o3VxyHA> to declare your interest in running for a position. Nominations will close on Thursday April 11th and elections will commence approximately one week later.

Opportunities to volunteer for action committees (Conference Planning, Sponsorship, Marketing, Website, Membership, Education & Resources, and Publishing) will commence at the time of the Summit, with announcements via the listserv for those not attending.

Upcoming

The Education & Resources Committee recently announced RDAP's next webinar, "Thinking locally, looking globally: Sustainable preservation in an age of uncertainty," on April 5 from 3-4PM EDT. The webinar is free and you can register here<http://go.tufts.edu/RDAPWebinar201904>.

RDAP will be holding another town hall<https://cornell.zoom.us/j/892281925> on April 25, from 2-3 pm, please join us!

Thanks

Many thanks to the Sponsorship committee for raising over $30,000 to support the RDAP Summit! Their hard work enables us to keep the registration cost for RDAP Summit low.

Don't forget that we have a Contact Us<https://rdapassociation.org/contact-us/> form on the website if you have questions. You can also keep up with the Association on the RDAP Blog<https://rdapassociation.org/blog/>, on the RDAP listserv<http://mail.kunverj.com/mailman/listinfo/rdap>, and on Twitter<https://twitter.com/RDAPassn> and Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ResearchDataAccessPreservation>. Thanks to the Marketing Committee for all their work on our online presence.

Best,

The RDAP Association Executive Board

Erica M. Johns
Head of Research Services & Scholarly Engagement, Mann Library
President, The RDAP Association Executive Board

Liaison to BEE, EEB, FSAD, NTRES departments
http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3068-3143

Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853